As this entry becomes available, the sun is rising on a new day commemorating our ninth wedding anniversary. Sure, we will do the normal anniversary stuff…cards, nice dinner, some alone time, but I wanted to spend a few minutes giving you some insight into my wife’s world. The world of Joanna Harrell Tyler. Read more
Today I thought it would be fun to try my hand at some time-lapse photography. Since the clouds and weather seemed to be cooperating so well, I took the opportunity when I had the chance this afternoon.
I had some time on my hands tonight, so I thought I would have some fun with macro photography. My wife just got a new Gerber daisy and had a case of large strawberries on the counter. Seemed like great fodder for an idle macro lens.
Outside playing with my daughter and we stopped to observe this flowering bush. I couldn’t tell you what it is, but we had fun.
As I went outside this morning, I saw this sunrise. I thought I would share it with everyone on this last day of 2012. Please have a safe evening and I wish everyone the best for a great 2013!
I have decided that I might like a change to the blog. Over the next few days, I will be “trying on” some new blog themes to see what I might like. I hope to have a new look by the new year, but I may just see the same thing if I can’t find a suitable theme. So, no, I am not crazy (not really, anyway) but wanted to try some new things.
If you have suggestions for a theme, or like one that you see me trying on, please let me know in the comments.
Thanks for following!
- Weekly Photo Challenge – My 2012 in Pictures (travelspirit333.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – My 2012 in Pictures (largeself.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in pictures (blatherskiteblog.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 In Pictures (cobbledtoolbox.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures (littlemuddyboots.co.uk)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures (travel-monkey.me)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures (charlieray45.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge – My 2012 in Pictures (canoecommunications.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures (larawanbymariannesilloriquez.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: My 2012 in Pictures (trishadm.wordpress.com)
My mom presented us with a creation of our year in pictures. She had taken photos from our blogs and facebook pages to create the movie. Please enjoy our 2012 in pictures…
In a few minutes, we will be having the last of our Christmas visitors for gift exchange and holiday eats. Everyone will sit and have great food (that my wife does a wonderful job of creating) as well as treats from some of our visitors. We will talk about times past, see what the kids are doing now, how much they have grown, and plans for the new year.
This year, it will be a little different than normal. This year, we have an empty chair in the room. Dad sat here and ate his chocolates that he ate every year. He was quiet and always enjoyed watching the grand kids open their gifts.
I have made it through almost the whole day without thinking too much about him being gone…not that I was trying to forget Dad, but not wanting to bring the spirits down. But I think as we approach time when he would have been here, it is appropriate to remember him.
So, Dad, as we enjoy our treats and with every taste of chocolate, we will remember you…and missing you.